Because none of the available web interfaces to the IMS Open Corpus Workbench was right for hosting the COW web corpora, I started working on a bespoke interface called Colibri². It is really a spare-time project, and I do not release the code because I consider it trivialware.
Its core features are:
- designed mainly for exporting concordances to end-user’s machines (after preview)
- as simple as possible in terms of installation and use
- simple query mode with translation to CQP syntax, ideal for learning CQP syntax
- works in distributed mode: arbitrarily many machines can host/query corpora
- results from corpora which come in many “slices” are aggregated
- no SQL required (just Apache, PHP, CWB)
- user management
- planned optional features (word statistics, collocations, etc.) use SQL
It is running at webcorpora.org.