Probabilistic German Morphosyntax is a sequence of five papers for my kumulative Habilitation (second thesis in the German/Austrian system, cumulative version). As of November 2017, three have been published, one accepted (with revisions), and one is still in preparation (to be submitted still in 2017). The papers will be edited into a book.
- Roland Schäfer & Elizabeth Pankratz (in preparation) Function and interpretability of compound linking elements in German.
- Roland Schäfer (2017 accepted with revisions) Competing Constructions for German Measure Noun Phrases: from Usage Data to Experiment.
- Roland Schäfer & Ulrike Sayatz (2016) Punctuation and Syntactic Structure in “obwohl” and “weil” Clauses in Nonstandard Written German. Written Language and Literacy (WLL) 19:2, 215–248.
- Roland Schäfer (2016 ahead of print) Prototype-driven Alternations: The Case of German Weak Nouns. Corpus Linguistics and Linguistic Theory (CLLT).
- Roland Schäfer & Ulrike Sayatz (2014) Die Kurzformen des Indefinitartikels im Deutschen (Cliticization of the Indefinite Article in German). Zeitschrift für Sprachwissenschaft (ZS) 33(2).